Langtang Gosainkunda Pass Trek
0 Reviews | Write your review
$ 1225 AUD
Click on the button below for detailed Trip Notes containing all the particulars about this trip, including kit lists and practical information.View Trip Notes
Gosainkunda or Gosain Kunda stands for Alpine Fresh water lake in Nepal’s Langtang National Park at the the Altitude of 4,380m. This trek is given name as Langtang Gosainkunda Pass Trek as it is an Ideal trekking for those who want to Really explore the Diversity of Langtang Valley. It is a Moderate trekking trail among other Trekking trails which include three different Trekking trails such as Helambu Nearest View point from Valley, Gosainkunda, a Holy lake and Langtang Gosainkunda Pass Helambu Trek. A trekking Trail starts through Beautiful Rhododendron Forests with many Wild flowers and Birds, if Lucky Red Panda (the Rarest Mammal in World) will be welcoming you as well. Beautiful Himalayan Range, Holy Gosainkunda Lake, Traditional Old Tibetan Monasteries and Many more are the Centre of Attraction in this Trek.
Spring and Autumn are the best Trekking season for the Trekking and Mountaneering in Nepal. The Weather is Mostly clear, and the Temperature is Moderate as well. Spring collects beautiful Flowers, plants and rare animals. Langtang is always comfortable to trek even in Winter Season.
- Easy access to this trekking routes from the Capital city of Nepal- Kathmandu
- Amazing view of Snow capped mountain with rare view of Red Panda and Snow Leopard
- Visit of Holy Glacier Lake- Gosaikunda lake with rare combination of Tibetan influence culture and Hindu Culture
- High Scenic pass with Magnificent views of Himalayas
Things to Know
- 15 Days trek to reach the altitude above 4,460m is challenging itself. You need to be well prepared physically and mentally.
- Trek leaders are given complete authority to handle the group and run the program smoothly. Hence, all the paper works are to be completed prior to trek in Kathmandu in presence of trek leader and the participant will be legally binded with our operation rules.
- Insurance is compulsory for all our trek and tours programs.
- All the safety measures are implemented in proper orders and with regular updates to clients
- Emergency Rescue team are standby 24/7 during the trek. Evacuation will be implemented anytime studying the case completely.
- Descending from altitude will be our first priority to stop AMS from getting worst. Hence, Trek support team are always ready to descend with client if required.
The representative of Travel Adventure Nepal receives you at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. Airport transfer is complementary for which you must request and provide your flight details earlier during your trip booking process. You see the representative displaying the signboard of our logo outside the airport terminal. You will be greeting and transferred to your respective hotel by the private vehicle. Note: We will organize your pre-trip meeting at your hotel in 2 pm. In this meeting, you are requested to bring your passport, 3 passport-sized photos and a readable copy of your travel insurance. Also in this meeting, we discuss about different aspect of trips, information about country, culture norms and values, money matter, eating and dinning. We also sign a legally binding trip form, and a non–liability disclaimer. In this meeting, you are also requested to ask any questions of your trip.
In the morning, after breakfast, our trip leader will visit you at your hotel lobby then you will be driving to Syabru Besi. You will enjoy beautiful landscapes, Trisuli River and pass through small village called Dhunche and reach Syabru Besi. It takes us 6 hours to reach.
The first part of the trail trekking crosses the Bhote Koshi River and follows the Langtang Khola (river), and it is rugged gradually ascends to Bamboo (1,960m), which lies on the bank of the Langtang Khola. From here, you trek gently to Rimche (2,400m), where you will have your lunch and then head off to Lama Hotel. It takes us approx. 5 hours to reach.
From Lama Hotel, the trekking trail passes through the dense forest, which is located uphill. It also takes you to the hill top, from where you can see the marvelous view of Langtang Lirung (7227m). When the trail heads off to Langtang village, you pass by the water mills, prayer wheels, and Buddhist stupas. This village is remote and beautiful. It takes us approx. 5 hours to reach.
Today, you cover a short distance and explore the cheese factory, which is located on the base of Langtang Lirung. Its cheese is famous throughout the Langtang Valley, so you should try it. There are small peaks around the valley. It takes approx. 4 hours to reach.
Today, you explore Kyanjin Gompa, cheese factory, and walk up the moraine to see the spectacular glaciers of Langtang Lirung or ascend to Kyangjin Ri (4,350 m), the highest point of Langtang Valley Trek, which offers the breathtaking and panoramic view of the Langtang Peaks.
In the morning, you climb to Tserko Ri to see the spectacular view of sunrise, then you return to Lama Hotel by walking downhill, then you trek through the forest and Tamang villages. It take us approx. 6 hours to reach.
We carry on our Langtang Gosaikunda Trek further making our way through the landslide prone area and climb steep to popular Thulo Syabru along Trishuli River. It will be more of the flora and fauna exploration day as we will spot birds, red pandas along with beautiful views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal and nearby Langtang Himalayas. It will take us to approx. 5 hours to reach there.
We gradually ascend towards Thulo Syabru to Foprang Danda that follows a steep ascent towards Dursagang from where excellent views of Langtang Himal along with Ganesh Himal and other nearby Himalayas are seen and Also beautiful landscape views of dense forests and hamlets is offered. We do visit local cheese factory and nearby Buddhist monastery at Sin Gompa. It take approx. 4.5 hours to reach.
During the initial time of the day, we slowly ascend towards Laurebinayak. The view from top of the ridge is absolutely stunning. Further ascending to higher altitude we finally arrive at serene and pilgrimage site of Gosaikunda. If the weather is clear, the views of nearby Himalayas become even more appealing from Langtang to even Annapurna range on western direction. There we can see small settlements along with many lakes around, the major being Gosaikunda, Bhairabkunda and Saraswatikunda. There are many mythological stories behind the creation of these lakes. We will surely know about these stories which will be explained by our professional trekking leader. It take us approx. 6 hours to reach.
In this way we say good bye to pilgrimage site of Gosaikunda then head towards popular high pass of Laurebinayak pass or Laurebina pass which is also the highest point of this amazing adventure. With excellent views of Manaslu, Ganesh and Langtang Himalayan range, we descend towards fertile land of Ghopte. It takes us approx. 8 hours to reach there.
We continue our Langtang Gosaikunda trek crossing the pine forests for around couple of hours to Thadepati. After walking uphill to Thadepati, the route is mostly a descending. There are plenty of hotel, lodges and guest houses available over there with amazing views of Himalayas blended with local people’s culture and tradition. It take us apprx 6 hours to reach there.
We have our early meal at our teahouse and slowly trek downhill towards Patti Bhanjyang. Then further after couple of hours walk we arrive at Chisopani. We will certainly feel much easier to breathe as we are now at low altitude. It will be a great refreshing walk walking downhill towards Chisopani. It take us approx. 6 hours to reach there.
We will be at Shivapuri National Park, walking through the rhododendron forests, beautiful waterfalls, gorges and river dam. In about 4 hours of downhill trek, we arrive at Sundarijal, a popular picnic spot for locals nearby Kathmandu city. From Sundarijal, we take about an hour drive to arrive at hotel.
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle( International Arrival and Departure/ Lukla Arrival and Departure)
- 3-star hotel accommodation at Kathmandu in European Plan
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek with all amenities( Subject to availability)
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader
- 1 Trek leader per group of 12 members, 1 Assistant guide for 4 trekkers (total 4 assistant guide in group) and porters
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
- Travel Adventure Nepal logo’s trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (PARK PERMIT,TIMS),
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate and oxygen saturation at higher altitude
- All government and local taxes
- Dinner at arrival day and departure day as part of welcome and farewell program.
- International Flight Tickets
- Nepalese Visa fee
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu for early arrival and late departures or early return from trek than the scheduled itinerary
- Meals during whole trek except dinner at arrival and departure day
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Beverages and personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
Dates & Availability
Fixed departure month: