Click on the button below for detailed Trip Notes containing all the particulars about this trip, including kit lists and practical information.View Trip Notes
A british Explorer, Col. James O.M “ Jimmy Roberts” was the first to discover Annapurna Base Camp and named this wonderful sanctuary of mountains as the “ SANCTUARY OF GODS”. This Sanctuary later became famous as the Annapurna Sanctuary because of its circular geographical placements of mountains in 10 miles wide diameter with a deep glacier- covered amphitheater being in the center. A breathtaking geographical terrain and a beautiful chance to explore the diverse ethnic groups is what you indulge yourself trekking through the Annapurna Base Camp. The beautiful tribes of Gurung, Magar, Thakali communities with ever smiling faces, the spectacular views of the geographic terrain, waterfalls and the rising Sun from an altitude of 4,131 m is something that you will be experiencing on your trek to the heaven of the Himalayas. Hot spring in Jhinu Danda, the views of the glacier and other small and big snow capped peaks with a panoramic view are things that you won’t miss during the trek in ABC. Traversing along a wide spectrum of lush rural farmlands, through the fabulous scenic mountains and interacting with people with different cultural values, you will not realize how your trek ended up within a blink of an eye. This naturally blessed environment around the Annapurna Base Camp would only leave you impressed, excited and at home.
- Enclosed by a Ring of Annapurna Range, Dhaulagiri and Kaligandaki
- The Best and Culturally rich trek with great fauna and flora
- Beautiful and traditional gurung village along the route
- Explore the beauty of Pokhara, also known as Queen of City
Things to Know
- 10 Days trek to reach the altitude above 5,000m that take place with high precaution and well acclimatise. You need to be well prepared physically and mentally
- Trek leaders are given complete authority to handle the group and run the program smoothly. Hence, all the paper works are to be completed prior to trek in Kathmandu in presence of trek leader and the participant will be legally binded with our operation rules.
- Insurance is compulsory for all our trek and tours programs.
- All the safety measures are implemented in proper orders and with regular updates to clients
- Emergency Rescue team are standby 24/7 during the trek. Evacuation will be implemented anytime studying the case completely.
- Descending from altitude will be our first priority to stop AMS from getting worst. Hence, Trek support team are always ready to descend with client if required.
Our representative welcomes you at Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu with the company logo displayed on handheld signage board outside the Airport terminal. You will be then transferred to your hotels on our private vehicle.
Note: Pre-trip meeting will be held at our office or at your hotel on the same day. In this meeting, you are requested to bring your passport, 3 passport-sized photographs and a readable copy of your travel insurance, transcript in English language. Also, most importantly, you must sign a legally binding trip form, and a non–liability disclaimer. In this meeting, you are also requested to ask any questions regarding your trip and other information’s that are in doubts. Also, in this meeting, we discuss about different aspect of trips, information about country, culture norms and values, money matter, eating and dining.
Early morning, Breakfast is served. Make a request a day earlier if you want a pack breakfast just in case if you wake late as we will not be stopping for breakfast during our drive to Pokhara. TAN representative will pick you up at the hotel at approx. 6.30am. The bus leaves at 7:00 am from Kantipath bus stop. The journey from the capital to Pokhara is 7 hours via bus. At lunch stop, we reckon you should try Nepali Dal Bhat ( daily lunch for the Nepalese, cooked and served at any typical nepali kitchen). Reaching upon pokhara, you will be transferred to hotel. Get refreshed and get some walk in beautiful Pokhara city- “Queen of City”. Overnight stay in Pokhara
A beautiful day starts with a drive to Nayapul- our trek start point. 45 km of drive to reach our destination, make sure you don’t sleep as you can’t afford to miss the mesmerizing views of Annapurna range with terraced landscapes. Trek to Base camp starts in this warm subtropical region.We set trail along the modi river accompanying us upstream birethanti. Not to forget the Bhurungdi Khola following you towards the east with the beautiful and breathtaking scenery of the waterfalls. Lunch shall be done in between. These amazing views lead us to Hille, where we will be spending the night. We round up the day by 8-9 pm, making it early to bed, so make sure you are done by your dinner before 8 pm. Overnight in Hile.
Today, we head towards Ghorepani, a busy village on the ridge in the midst of the rhododendron forest. Early morning breakfast and we ascend through a steep path for a couple of hours to reach ulleri village. From here we start climbing uphill on a twisting trail through the cool shade of forest into the mammoth rhododendron forest ending up the trail at Ghorepani Deurali. Splendid views of Annapurna in the north and Dhaulagiri range in the west will makes you feel light after a long walk of the day. Overnight at Ghorepani.
Be ready for early morning wake up for a moonlight walk to the Poonhill. Make sure you carry a flashlight as the moonlight may not be enough to guide you through. Poonhill is named after the inhabitants of the hill tribe the Puns which is a perfect spot for a panoramic view of mountains and peaks like Dhaulagiri, Tukuche, Dhampus, Nilgiri, Machhapuchhre, Hiunchuli, Manaslu and Annapurna. A single spot that covers approximately 600 km of the mountain range and in addition mesmerizing sunrise at the midwestern Himalayan range is a pie to the eye. Remember, You gotta wake up very early. After the very fresh moment in himalayas, we head back to Ghorepani for breakfast and will continue our trek. We climb walk along the ridges through pine and rhododendron forest to Deurali that is elevated at 2,960 m. From Deurali we descend to Banthanti, turning off to Tadapani. We walk through the mixed forest of rain and alpine descending towards the Chuile after walking for about 30 minutes. Overnight stay in Chuile.
We start descending towards our destination today which will be Chomrong through the dense Dark forest. Chomrong is situated in the laps of the majestic Annapurna. Passing through the west bank of the Modi Khola, we reach chomrong walking below the towering peaks of Annapurna and the fishtail mountain; Machapuchre.
Breakfast early in the morning and set up for trek to Dhoban. Start walking along a descended trail of the stone staircase through the terrace field towards the Chomrong river. Adding a little fun adventure to the trek, we cross the swaying suspension bridge and follow the trail that gets gently uphill through the forest of bamboos and rhododendron to reach Sinuwa. The trail from Sinuwa to Dobhan is all uphill. However, the scenic view of the rhododendron and the peaceful and beautiful surrounding of the oak tree sets your moral high to reach Dobhan.
Today we will have a lot in store to explore. We start our day will trail along a muddy path towards the Himalayan Hotel from where our trail steeply ascends towards the Hinku cave. Hinku cave is actually a lump of rocks overloading the area, giving it a cave-like impression. We again ascend uphill to reach Deurali. Crossing two avalanches along the cliff will lead to Machhapuchhre Base Camp which awaits you with its ever breathtaking views of Mt. Hunchuli(6441m), Annapurna South(7229m), Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna III(7555m), Gangapurna(7454m) and Machhapuchhare (6997m). Overnight at Machhapuchhre Base Camp.
A final destination day to Annapurna base camp. We head towards the Annapurna Base Camp trailing along the Annapurna Sanctuary that is surrounded by mountains everywhere, giving you a spectacular views of Himalayas like the Annapurna I (8091 m), Annapurna South (7219 m) and Barah Shikhar (7800 m), Machhapuchhre - Fishtail (6997 m/ 6993 m) and more snow capped peaks in addition. Overnight in Annapurna Base Camp.
Early morning wake up in the lap of Himalayas its time to leave the heaven. A long day walk back to Bamboo. The trek from Annapurna base camp to bamboo is about 5 hours walk.
Making a round trip around Annapurna range, today we descend towards Jhinu Danda via Chomrong. Reaching upon Jhinudanda, it time to enjoy and relax by dipping yourself into the hot spot spring situated 20 minutes walk down. This natural hot spring will definitely help you relax and take away all your tiredness and would be the best way to reward yourself after accomplishing your trek up to the Annapurna Base camp. Overnight at Jhinu Danda
We presume you had a wonderful night after a relaxing bath in the hot spring last evening. As we look forward to wrap the whole trek, we head towards Birethanti from Jhinu Danda from where you will be driven to Pokhara.
We have kept this day for you to enjoy the place that no traveler wants to miss, Pokhara. You can enjoy Pokhara on your own or may take help from your trip leader to guide you about the activities that can be done in Pokhara within a day. We hope you enjoy your leisure time here in Pokhara.
We head towards where we started today. A drive through beautiful rivers, hills and Nepalese settlements at intervals, we cover 200 km back to Kathmandu. Once you reach the capital and are transferred to your hotel, you can enjoy a leisurely afternoon for a stroll around Thamel and Durbar Marg for some shopping. Please make sure you keep yourself free for the evening as we will be there to bid you farewell over dinner.
It wouldn’t be easy to bid you farewell, but as it is said, we part to meet again. We will be bidding you goodbye with a heavy heart, hoping that you would choose us again to create memories of a lifetime for the next trip.
It wouldn’t be easy to bid you a farewell, but as it is said, we part to meet again. We will be bidding you a goodbye with a heavy heart, hoping that you would choose us again to create memories of a lifetime for the next trip.
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation at Kathmandu and Pokhara in European Plan
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek with all amenities( Subject to availability)
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Kathmandu to Pokhara and Return transfer ticket by tourist bus
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader
- 1 Trek leader per group of 12 members, 1 Assistant guide for 4 trekkers (total 4 assistant guide in group) and porters
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
- Travel Adventure Nepal logo’s trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (PARK PERMIT,TIMS),
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate and oxygen saturation at higher altitude
- All government and local taxes
- Dinner at arrival day and departure day as part of welcome and farewell program.
- International Flight Tickets
- Nepalese Visa fee
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu for early arrival and late departures or early return from trek than the scheduled itinerary
- Meals during whole trek except dinner at arrival and departure day
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Beverages and personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
Dates & Availability
Fixed departure month: