Click on the button below for detailed Trip Notes containing all the particulars about this trip, including kit lists and practical information.View Trip Notes
The Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of the best trekking destinations around the world that has a great diversity of landscapes of villages, waterfalls, and rivers that fall in this region. Apart from these naturally blessed aspects, the region is also famous for different ethnic groups residing in the region like Gurung, Manangi, and Thakali. The circuit offers breathtaking views of the white Himalayas throughout reaching to a height of 5,414 m at the Thorong La Pass. The circuit also trails around the arid valley of the upper Mustang down to the Hindu pilgrimage of Lord Muktinath along the banks of the Kali Gandaki valley.
The trail passes through the villages inhabited by different ethnic groups offering picturesque views of the Himalayas in the far northern area to Tibetan Plateau. The change in the environment and the winds welcome you to a different city beyond the hills; Jomsom as you start walking from Besisahar. Apart from offering you the best of scenic experiences, the trek is incomplete without reaching the highest pass of the world the Thorong La Pass. The hospitality of the people residing in the region makes you feel like you are at home away from home.
The trek offers you the best that nature has to offer at a very low expense. Also, the trail along the Annapurna circuit is very relaxing and less difficult. The trek, however, is recommended for trekkers looking to visit Nepal and also experience trekking in a limited budget but the views around the trail are certainly the most important and something that money could not buy.
- Majestic Mountain Views of the Annapurna Range, Mt. Dhaulagiri and Mt Macchapuchre (Fishtail Mountain)
- Varying the Landscapes, Local Mountain Villages and Buddhist Monasteries
- Cross the World’s Highest Mountain Pass, Thorong-La Pass at 5416m
- Incredible Trekking, Traversing Rhododendron Forests, Isolated Hamlets
- Accommodation in Simple Tea Houses with Friendly Spirit of Nepalese Peoples.
Things to Know
- 15 Days trek to reach the altitude above 5,000m and crossing world’s highest pass is challenging activities. You need to be well prepared physically and mentally
- Thorong-la Pass is closed in winter due to heavy Snowfalls
- Trek leaders are given complete authority to handle the group and run the program smoothly. Hence, all the paper works are to be completed prior to trek in Kathmandu in presence of trek leader and the participant will be legally binded with our operation rules.
- Insurance is compulsory for all our trek and tours programs.
- All the safety measures are implemented in proper orders and with regular updates to clients
- Emergency Rescue team are standby 24/7 during the trek. Evacuation will be implemented anytime studying the case completely.
- Descending from altitude will be our first priority to stop AMS from getting worst. Hence, Trek support team are always ready to descend with client if required.
The Travel Adventure Nepal representative welcome guest at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu with the company logo displayed on the handheld signage board outside the airport terminal. Airport transfer is complementary that has to be pre-arranged during your trip booking process with your flight details. You will then be transferred to your respective hotel on our private vehicle.
Note: Pre-trip meeting will be held at our office or at your hotel on the same day. In this meeting, you are requested to bring your passport, 3 passport-sized photographs and a readable copy of your travel insurance, transcript in English language. Also, most importantly, you must sign a legally binding trip form, and a non–liability disclaimer. In this meeting, you are also requested to ask any questions regarding your trip and other informations that are in doubts. Also, in this meeting, we discuss about different aspect of trips, information about country, culture norms and values, money matter, eating and dining.
Set your alarm early as we leave Kathmandu early in the morning. Our representative will fetch you from hotel to transfer to local bus stop in Kathmandu. Drive to Beshisahar along the trishuli and Marsyangdi river will be a beautiful long drive. Arrival upon Beshisahar we drive to Syange on local vechicle which is 3 hours drive. Our Trek start from Syange to Jagat via bamboo forest and villages of buddhist ethnic group. Crossing Long suspension bridge over Marsyandi river in syange, we start ascending to Jagat. Overnight in Jagat
The route of the trek initiates from Jagat crossing the suspension bridge over the Marsyangdi river. The trail starts ascending and gradually flattens down to reach Tal. Tal, however, is famous for waterfalls and beautiful views of different valleys in the region. As we move forward, we pass through the fields of rice, potato, and barley. Not to forget the beautiful waterfalls accompanying along the route. The trail advances along a stone staircase making our way to Dharapani.
The trek from Dharapani to Chame offers spectacular views of Annapurna II (7,937 m) throughout the walk. The trail advances on the southern bank of the river as we descend to pass through the Thanchok village. As the region is famous for apple farming, you will even get to see the apple orchard in the village. We then move forward to reach Koto after 30 minutes of walk. We make a lunch stop in Koto and another 30 minutes walk we then reach Chame, Headquarter of Manang District. Overnight in Chame
Today we cross Marsyangdi river from the northern side entering the pine forest. Passing the forest our trail ascends through the apple orchard to reach baratang Village. The trail then starts steeping as we advance to meet the road to Manang. Along the plain dirt road, we trail to lower pisang via dhikur pokhari along the beautiful pine forest. Overnight in Lower pisang.
Today we follow the least populated trail to reach manang. Usually the trekkers choose lower manang route to reach the destination early. But our trekking motto says “ Walk the whole thing, Do not Bypass it”. The views of the same attraction from different places are incomparable. Enjoy the stunning panoramic views of mountains accompanying through the trail and we make a stop at Ghyaru or Ngawal for lunch. Enjoy your meal with the front view of Pisang Peak and hovering Eagles on top. Continue our journey downhill to manang via Humde Airport and Marsyangdi valley.This part of walk is most beautiful part where you will experience the beauty of landscape from all over the world. Overnight in Manang.
Today we stay back in Manang as a part of Acclimatization. Adjust your body in high altitude and enjoy the mountain life here today. Your trip leader will take you to some beautiful place of Manang today. Gangapurna Lake:where snow melts and forms a glacier, Ice Lake: Beautiful view point, both this place is just amazing. Enjoy the evening in manang with locals or go for some movie in local theatres. Overnight in Manang.
Today we gear up with new vibes of trekking. Leaving the manang valley will be somewhat emotional moment but there’s alot to see ahead. Today our trail ascends towards the mountains of Annapurna. Won’t be able to see the greenery of mountains from this point as the altitude is on top but this is the part of Himalaya. Encounter with Blue sheeps grazing and yaks and locals riding Horses. Also the views of the Annapurna and Gangapurna accompanying you throughout the trail. The trail after passing the Gunsang is mostly flat, crossing couple of suspension bridges leading us to Yak Kharka. Overnight at Yak Kharka.
The trail to Annapurna, never ceases to amaze you is what people said and they said true. We have yet another day of coming across a breathtaking view of the snowy Himalayas. We start our day walking along a light trail to Kone Khola. As we cross this beautiful stream, we start elevating a steep climb towards the villages of Churi Ledar and Ledar. This trail has risks of dry landslides, but what is a trek unless you come up across a few adventure and surprise in store. Mind the stones rolling over the cliff as you walk along. In case you are thinking about any mishap do not forget that we are always prepared for our travelers’ safety. As we route through this slightly risky trail, we climb gently upwards to Phedi.
The main objective of today’s trek is to reach the highest pass in the world; Throng La Pass. the track is slippery and a little risky as we cross the pass from east to west from Manang area to Muktinath. The route has no lodges or hotels but is only surrounded by huge white peaks, hence, make sure you carry some munchies along. However, you will find two teahouses along the way which serves you with the world’s tastiest and most expensive tea at this altitude. Tea is the best remedy to lower the level of stress and tiredness. You can sip a cup of tea with the munchies you have carried for yourself. After lunch and a cup of tea relaxing your senses, we start walking for a few hours to reach the highest point of the trek; the Throng La Pass that is surrounded by colorful prayer flags all over. Muktinath from this point is a walk through a steep downhill. We spend the night in Muktinath which is 1600 m downhill from Throng La pass. You can enjoy a good Thakali thali set famous amongst the Thakali inhabitants around Muktinath for lunch and enjoy your day exploring the area. Overnight in Muktinath.
Our trek today leads us to the city behind the himalayas; Jomsom. We start our day visiting a temple that is important for Hindu as well as the Buddhist; the Muktinath Temple in Muktinath. The temple is located in a very peaceful area at the top of this region. We then have our meal at Muktinath and start walking downhill through barren lands of Jharkot, Khingar Kagbeni and Eklebhatti. The route is very dusty due to the wind that is very strong after midday. Once you reach Jomsom, you won't disagree with the name it has been given, the city behind the hills. The stunning views of Nilgiri and other hills would leave you speechless. Jomsom however, is the last stop of our trek. We fly to Pokhara the next day.
As we start rounding off our trek and head to Pokhara, we enjoy our last meal with the Himalayas. We then head towards the Jomsom airstrip to catch a flight that takes us between the mesmerizing mountains. The 20-25 mins flight to Pokhara is like a mountain flight. The picturesque views of the beautiful mountains would only help you relax and take you to another world throughout the flight. As the flight with this breathtaking view lands at Pokhara you will be transferred to your hotel, freshen up yourself to explore the famous tourist destination Pokhara. Pokhara has a lot of activity in store for you or a lot of remarkable places for you to visit. Plan your day on your own or take help with your travel guide to make the most of this day. We wait for you at the dinner after you are done exploring Pokhara to celebrate a successful end to this adventurous trek of yours.
We have kept this day for you to enjoy the place that no traveler wants to miss, Pokhara. You can enjoy Pokhara on your own or may take help from your trip leader to guide you about the activities that can be done in Pokhara within a day. We hope you enjoy your leisure time here in Pokhara.
We head towards where we started today. A drive through beautiful rivers, hills and Nepalese settlements at intervals, we cover 200 km back to Kathmandu. Once you reach the capital and are transferred to your hotel, you can enjoy a leisurely afternoon for a stroll around Thamel and Durbar Marg for some shopping. Please make sure you keep yourself free for the evening as we will be there to bid you farewell over dinner.
It wouldn’t be easy to bid you farewell, but as it is said, we part to meet again. We will be bidding you goodbye with a heavy heart, hoping that you would choose us again to create memories of a lifetime for the next trip.
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation at Kathmandu and Pokhara in European Plan
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek with all amenities( Subject to availability)
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Kathmandu to Pokhara and Return transfer ticket by tourist bus
- Domestic Flight from Jomshom to Pokhara
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader
- 1 Trek leader per group of 12 members, 1 Assistant guide for 4 trekkers (total 4 assistant guide in group) and porters
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
- Travel Adventure Nepal logo’s trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (PARK PERMIT,TIMS),
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate and oxygen saturation at higher altitude
- All government and local taxes
- Dinner at arrival day and departure day as part of welcome and farewell program.
- International Flight Tickets
- Nepalese Visa fee
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu for early arrival and late departures or early return from trek than the scheduled itinerary
- Meals during whole trek except dinner at arrival and departure day
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Beverages and personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
Dates & Availability
Fixed departure month: