Click on the button below for detailed Trip Notes containing all the particulars about this trip, including kit lists and practical information.View Trip Notes
Mountain biking over the rugged terrain of Nepal’s lower Great Himalayan Trail is a "Mountain Biker’s Dream Adventure come True".This private tour departs Kathmandu on a cycling journey to the village of Chobhar with your own personal guide. Spend an hour sightseeing before continuing on to Kirtipur via the old trail. Have lunch with hilltop views of the stunning peaks of the Himalayas, then visit a temple and Kirtipur Bazaar before retracing your ride back to Kathmandu.
- Full-day Mountain bike ride, Round-trip from Kathmandu to Chobhar and Kirtipur
- Explore the villages and visit Kirtipur Bazaar
- See incredible hilltop views of the Himalayas
- Enjoy a local restaurant lunch
Things to Know
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please wear Full body Cover t-shirt, since the quality of air is poor in Kathmandu valley
- Bring a Mask (recommended)
- Please bring drinking water, a camera, a sunhat, sunscreen
- Bringing a pair of binoculars is recommended
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes for cycling
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015
Your Tour Guide will Assists your from Hotel to the End through out the Trips. Cycling Tour will Commence from Kathmandu via Chobar and Kritipur Hilltip. These two places have their own Historical and Cultural values including Spectacular Views of Beautiful Mountains. The True Lifestyle of Newari Tribe and Scenic Beauty of Kritipur City will Add Color to your Trip.
Your First Stop will be at Chobhar. Chobhar also known as Chobhar George is the reason behind the Foundation of Kathmandu Valley. According to one of the legends, Kathmandu valley was a lake surrounded by hills during the Pleistocene era. It is believed that Manjushree, a divine saint from China had came here for pilgrimage and saw a huge lotus emanating bright light at the centre of the lake. So he cut a deep gorge allowing the water to drain from the lake because he wanted to observe and worship the lotus. The base of the lake became the present Kathmandu valley and the gorge is called Chobhar gorge now. In addition, a Small Temple of the Adinath Sampradaya faith sits on top of a nearby hill and offers a view of snow-capped mountains. After Spending some time in Chobar, we will head towards Kritipur. Legends describe Kritipur as the Foundation of Newari Tribe and it is still the Center of Newar Culture. One will be fascinate with Many historical Temples and Gumbas along with Royal Palaces.
The Time Table for this trip will be as follows and they are subject to re-arranged with conditions.
7am: The cycling tour guide assists you at your hotel with the necessary equipment.
7:15am: After an introduction, go on a brief cycling trip to Chobar via Kathmandu Durbar Square.
9:15am: Sightseeing of Chobar Hilltop for one hour. Then, cycle to Kirtpur Hilltop via the old trail.
11:30am: Lunch at a local restaurant with a spectacular view of the high snow-capped mountains.
1:15pm: Sightseeing of the historical and ancient Temple and its surroundings, as well as a scenic view of Kirtipur Bazzar.
3:00pm: Back to Kathmandu Valley and transfer to your hotel.
- Mountain bike and helmet rental
- Expert biking tour guide
- Your Entrances Fees for Sightseeing Places as per itinerary
- Food and drinks
- All other services not included in itinerary
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Personal Expenses